This qualification reflects the role of real estate professionals who apply knowledge of real estate practice legal agency and compliance requirements, ethical standards and consumer preferences to conduct real estate functions.
This qualification applies to people working in both residential and commercial property, including business broking, and stock and station transactions.
Occupational titles may include:
- Stock and Station Agent
- Business Broker, Business Agent, Franchise Broker
- Property Manager, Body Corporate Manager
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Representative, Real Estate Salesperson, Real Estate Sub-agent, Property Portfolio Officer, Buyer's Agent.
Staff who hold this qualification are commonly engaged with:
- analysing data, industry intelligence and leads to identify prospects
- developing, building and maintaining relationships with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers
- providing advice to lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers on the sale, purchase or lease of commercial, residential, stock and station, and property real estate
- implementing systems, forms and documents to ensure real estate agency transactions are compliant with regulatory requirements; managing risk to agency and agent, and demonstrating high standards of ethical practice
- transacting, accessing, and preserving the integrity of trust accounts to minimise customer and agency risk
- establishing, maintaining, executing and concluding contracts with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers, including by auction
- building and promoting the agency and individual brands.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to real estate practices in all states and territories. Relevant state and territory regulatory authorities should be consulted to confirm those requirements.
Note: Occupational licensing outcomes are associated with some of the specialisations packaged in this qualification. The units packaged in the specialisations of this qualification have also been developed as Skill Sets: please note that not all Skill Sets are associated with licensing outcomes.
CPP41419- Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice
Study Duration and Committment
Weekly face to face timetabled 6 hours sessions (per week) total hours = 276 hours.
Scheduled 3 hours compulsory tutorials sessions during study period total = 24 hours.
Self-paced learning = 310 hours.
Total assessments hours = 370 hours
Course Provider and Course Details
Is Government Funding available?
Yes, if eligible. Click here to view eligibility criteria.
Full fee option available if ineligible.
Course Fees for Non-funded Enrolments
Please contact us for course fees for non-funded places (full-fee-paying enrolments)